There are two things that I have not fully recovered from: 1. Oprah retiring from her talk show and 2. me not winning the lottery this weekend. At work last week, we pooled our funds and bought Powerball tickets and Saturday was electric with the possibility that we would all be millionaires by 8:01 pm PST. We did not win, but we laughed a lot, speculating how we’d spend our money.
Who doesn’t love to give a gift? Oprah did and her favorite things episodes were among her most popular every year. Well, I’m not a millionaire and I do not have a talk show, but for a few minutes let’s pretend. These are my favorite things! Would that I could, they’d be coming to you in a big gift basket tomorrow morning!
1. Magnolia Bakery Chocolate Cake. Best chocolate frosting ever! The cupcakes are good, but a slice of the cake is better!
2. A case of Piper Sonoma sparkling wine. There are people that will never be able to look at a bottle of Piper Sonoma without thinking of me. It’s my go-to bubble for nearly any occasion. I could have sent you a bottle of Dom or a case of this. I figured if I send you a case, you HAVE to throw a party!
3. Levi’s 501 Shrink to Fits. My trademark dungaree since 1982.
4. Pepperoni from Claro’s Italian Market. The best! And yes, there is a vegetarian option: Olive Muffaletta.
5. Damon’s Gift Card. There is a tiki steakhouse in Glendale, CA that is frozen in 1978. They have the most delicious mai-tai’s in the world (I’ve done the fact-checking) and the prime rib’s pretty great, too.
6. Sirius Satellite Radio. When I bought my most recent car, it came with Sirius for free for three months. Now I can’t imagine not having it. And I love starting my morning listening to Frank DeCaro and Doria Biddle!
7. Four Plays by William Inge. Self-explanatory.
8. Subscription to Sunset magazine. For the little old lady in all of us.
9. A basket of popovers and strawberry butter from Popover Cafe.